Friday, November 26, 2010

How They Live...: Leslie Mandoki


Another entry from the Bravo article about the band members' houses. What I have learned from this one: I really, really would not have wanted to be Leslie's neighbour.

Leslie Mandoki: He Owns Seven Drumsets.

Leslie Mandoki is, as a trained drummer, the full-blooded musician of the group. He is 27 years old, and has composed some songs for Dschinghis Khan. Privately, Leslie is very different.

"I write and compose a mixture of rock and jazz. Together with my Hungarian countrymen, we have rented a studio here in Munich. There sit my six drumsets. The seventh, I have in my home. We meet two or three times in the week and make music. I have recorded countless tapes of them."

Leslie has already played the drums in school bands in Budapest and finally came with his own group to Germany. He is proud of his German passport, that he finally got three months ago, and his black Golf GTI. When his life becomes too hectic, then he writes poetry in his Schwabing bachelor pad.

1 comment:

  1. "So, where do you live?"

    "In Schwabing, next door to the Dschinghis Khan singer with the 7 drumsets."

    Seriously- What do you do with 7 drumsets? Where do you store them?? Did he run from one set to the other during a song??? The lives of the DK members are unique indeed........

    ReplyDelete